Portfolio – JoeySimas.com
Email – email@example.com
- Shape Language
Hi-Rez Studios (Level Designer) | Sept. 2018 – Current
- Designed several multiplayer maps for Rogue Company and oversaw them from concept to completion.
- Collaborated with other teams to establish best practices on readability, metrics, lighting and player guidance.
- Coordinated playtests and gathered actionable feedback.
- Created modular kits for the Level Design team.
- Prototyped new mechanics that could be implemented into levels.
- Interacted with the community to help build player to developer relations and established a pipeline for player feedback.
- Wrote Level Design Documents that included reference images, gameplay pillars and early layouts to better align teams with the vision for new maps.
- Frequently work on blockouts in my spare time to better my craft.
- Play and study levels from other games to learn what they do and how I can apply those lessons to my work.
- Create mods and maps for other games such as Far Cry 4, TES Skyrim, Fallout 4, Half-Life 2, CSGO and more.
- Full Sail University – Bachelor of Science in Game Design
- CGMA – Level Design for Games w/ Emilia Schatz – Certificate